Health & Fitness
Education & Kids
Pets & Animals
Business and Employment
Thrifty Living Books
Links To More How - To Articles
Make Your Own Eco Friendly Metal Cleaners
You can save money and save the environment at
the same time. These easy to make home metal cleaners work just as well as the
toxic ones that cost ten times as much and are safe to use.
To Make Your Own Eco Friendly Silver
cleaner : try these methods
1) Use regular Crest or generic toothpaste instead of poisonous silver cleaner
to clean and shine your finest silver. Use an old used soft bristled toothbrush
and warm water.
2) Rub silver with a paste of baking soda and water.
3) To electrostatically remove tarnish, soak your silver in salty water in
an aluminum container; then wipe clean.
4) Soak silver in boiling water, baking soda, salt, and a piece of aluminum
5) When a quick cleaning of silverware is needed before a special occasion,
prepare a solution of baking soda in lukewarm water ( add one level teaspoon of
baking soda to a quart) and
brush with a soft toothbrush.
To Make Your Own Eco Friendly Brass Cleaner
1) Mix equal parts salt and whole wheat flour with a little vinegar, then
rub until shiny. Add some baking soda if needed for tougher stains. Rinse clean
and coat lightly with mineral oil.
To Make Your Own Eco Friendly Chrome Cleaner
1) Rub with undiluted vinegar and a soft cloth,rinse and coat lightly with
To Make Your Own Eco Friendly Copper Cleaner
1) Rub with lemon juice and salt, hot vinegar and salt or catsup. 2 For
stubborn copper oxidation, Rub with catsup and let stand 5 minutes and then rub
To Make Your Own Eco Friendly Stainless Steel Cleaner
1) Rub with a paste of baking soda and water. Rinse and Seal with a light
coating of mineral oil.