eHelpfulTips™ How To Advice & Thrifty Tips
How To Get More Repeat Visitors To Your Website
What's the point of making a website if you don't get any visitors? Here are some excellent ways to increase traffic to your website.
1. Add a links page to sites your visitors might be interested in. They might end up bookmarking your link page as a resource.
2. Add a "add this" or "forward to a friend" widget. See the top left corner of this page. This allows your visitors to bookmark the site easier and also send it to a friend with ease.
3. Another tried and true way to get more traffic to your website is to use social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleapon, etc. Be sparing in promoting your site.
4. Add a message board to get more visitors to your website. This does require some work since you must moderate it. Use a registration system to keep out spammers.
5. Post items that your visitors may refer back to, such as recipes, instructions or downloads.
6. Another great way to get more repeat visitors to your website is to add a free classified ad section. This requires upkeep as well, to make sure spammers don't take it over.
7. Add polls to your site. Sites like ez-poll.com allow you to add a free poll to your website and increase visitor interaction.
8. Things like "joke of the day" or trivia facts to get more repeat visitors to your site. These often come with advertising so make sure your visitors are not following links and leaving your site.
9. Add weather information, sports scores and other interactive content. This will increase repeat visitors to your site.
10. Add free content, such as free software, links to printable coupons, children's games, etc.
More thoughts on repeat visitors to your website:
Keep the content fresh on your website to increase repeat visitors. Add an RSS feed, tweet any new additions to the site on Twitter and mention your site on Facebook and in the signature part of your e-mail. Sprinkle your site address across chat rooms (carefully so not to appear as a spammer) and in the comments portion of blogs related to your site's content.
Of course make sure you submit your site to the Open Directory Project, at http://www.dmoz.org and to Yahoo, Google and other engines. You are not likely to benefit from paying a search engine submission company a fee since there are plenty free sites (search Google for "free search engine submission" and you will find several. Do make sure you use an e-mail address other than your primary one since you will get a lot of spam.
Thank you for visiting our site! Copyright © eHelpfultips.com No use of any material on this website is allowed without permission.